It seems like just yesterday Janelle sang for the late Pope John Paul II and close to 1 million people at World Youth Day in Toronto, 2002. The 25 year old dynamo was chosen from entrants around the world to sing and record the World Youth Day 2002 theme song and perform with her band 26 times throughout the 6 day event in Toronto. Since then, she has toured Canada, the US and New Zealand bringing souls closer to Christ through her music and message.
Janelle grew up in the small French town of Legal, Alberta. By the time she was 5 years old it was apparent that this sparkling, vibrant little girl had an extraordinary gift. From a very early age, her mother and grandmother taught her old French folk songs, after which came plenty of exposure singing in Church. By age 14, Janelle had become the lead singer with a contemporary Christian band, hosting evenings in Edmonton, Alberta that regularly attracted 300-600 youth. After singing with this group for 4 years, Janelle moved to New Zealand where she attended ICPE School of Evangelization. Upon her return to Canada, she joined the LVC team, singing, recording and helping with administration.
Soon after, Janelle married LVC’s director of operations, Jason Reinhart, presently her manager. The couple currently lives and works in Radway, Alberta with their three year old son, Eric. Janelle and her current band, ONE80, have been touring throughout Canada and the United States extensively, growing in their art and their faith. They have a clear objective - to reach youth with a positive and Christ-centered message, offering hope to a hurting world.
Janelle's first solo album, "New Day", produced in Nashville, Tennessee, was released at WYD2002. In 2005, Janelle released a new single "Be Not Afraid - Open Wide Your Heart" in honor of Pope John Paul II. The release of this song resulted in over 25 radio and television interviews, including an appearance on NBC Dateline following the passing of His Holiness, John Paul II.
This past year, Janelle was further blessed with the honor of singing for Queen Elizabeth II in Edmonton during the Royal visit to Canada. She also had the privilege of opening for the popular Christian musician, Michael W. Smith at the Saskatchewan Centre of the Arts - one of only two Canadian performances.
Titles in ITALICS designate albums on which Janelle has sung.
Titles in BOLD designate Janelle's solo albums.
Other Projects involving Janelle:
- Cat.Chat (a Kids' Audio Show) vol#1 (2002); vol#2 (2003); vol#3 (2004); vol#4 (2004); vol#5 (2005)
- Production Lez Art: Trait d'union;
featured song: 'Pourquoi' (2003)
- John Connelly: Prayer Revolution (2004)
- For Children Everywhere (2003)
- John Connelly: Pilgrim Soul (2001)
- Living Communion: Live! (2000)
- Living Communion: Songs of Praise & Worship for the Journey (1999)
- Best New Artist of the Year
(Vibe / Shai Awards, 2003)
- New Artist of the Year; and
- Female Artist of the Year
(Maja Awards, 2003)
- Best Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (for "New Day"; Canadian Gospel Music Covenant Awards 2003)
- Opening for Christian music's mega-star Michael W. Smith (Regina, SK, Canada, July 2005)
- Preforming at "Pure Fashion Shows" across USA and Canada (ongoing, 2004-05)
- Singing for Queen Elizabeth II (Edmonton, AB, Canada / May 2005)
- New Zealand tour (Spring 2003)
- Singing at World Youth Day 2002 for Pope John Paul II, a live audience of 1 million people, and an estimated 1 billion people worldwide via television and radio (Toronto, AB, Canada / July 2002)
- Meeting Pope John Paul II (Rome /March 2002)